Upcoming Seminars and Events
- Wednesday, March 1st, 7pm – 8pm, online seminar: The Language of Identity – How the way we talk about disability affects our perception, and vice versa.
- Sunday, March 19th, 2pm – 4pm, in-person: Social event in Denver.
- Wednesday, March 29th, 7pm – 8pm, online seminar: Social Security Benefits – How to apply, pros and cons, and Q&A.
- Saturday, April 8th, 11am – 1pm, in-person and online: Social event in Littleton / on Zoom.
- Wednesday, April 19th, 7pm – 8pm, online seminar: Affordable and Accessible Housing: What are the options?
- Saturday, May 20th, in-person and online: Debrief and end of semester party!
How to Join Us
Students, including prospective college students, please fill out our Student Interest Form. We will send you info about how to join us at the events listed above.
Anyone else who would like to engage with the Network, please check out our For Non-Students page, and contact us via our Community Interest Form.
What to Expect
- All seminars are lead by disabled college students or alumni.
- CDSN is volunteer-run, and our programs are 100% free of charge.
- We welcome current and prospective college students who identify as disabled, Deaf, neurodivergent, mentally ill, chronically ill… All are welcome! (See our Terminology page for more on how we define disability.)
- We strive to create a space that is inclusive and brave, and feels respectful and welcoming to participants of every identity and background. Please help us achieve this, and let us know how we are doing.
- If you would like to attend any of the upcoming seminars or events, complete our Student Interest Form or Community Interest Form, and we will be in touch!
- Accessibility info: Online seminars take place on Zoom. Your camera does not need to be on. Visual materials such as slides are shared ahead of time in an accessible format, and are verbally described during the session. Auto-captions are turned on. If there is anything else we can do to ensure you can fully participate, don’t hesitate to let us know!
Below is a downloadable flyer with the Spring 2023 schedule. Please note that the PDF version of the flyer is not readable by people who use assistive technology.